What are the Rights of Injury Victims Visiting Florida From Other States? Follow Up to Buckman Bridge Crash

State of Florida Map Yellow A recent tragedy that took place in Jacksonville, Florida on the Buckman Bridge brings out the ripple effect of crashes of this nature. It has been reported that the family was in Jacksonville, Florida visiting from Pine Bluff Arkansas. There really are no suitable words to describe the loss of four family members in one automobile accident. Unfortunately, the castastrophe of a deadly automobile - trucking accident happens far too often on Florida roads, highways, and expressways. The Buckman Bridge, which is a large bridge connecting Jacksonville to Orange Park, has seen its share of accidents including those that involve the wrongful death of adults and children.

Visitors and tourists flock to the State of Florida by the millions every year. We have great weather, attractions, and wonderful residents. Whether it is a trip to a relative's house or one to Disney World in Orlando, Florida, there are millions of visitions from outside the State of Florida. Many of which travel from Southern States including the State of Arkansas. Case in point, the recent tragic accident on the Buckman Bridge involved four family members (2 adult and 2 children) from Arkansas. You can read more about the Arkansas family and the "shock" and despair surrounding the aftermath of the crash at Arkansas Family Killed in Florida Vehicle Accident.

Are the legal rights of the resident of Arkansas any different from the legal rights of Florida residents when there is an automobile accident in the State of Florida? The simple answer to this question is, "No, not really." The answer is qualified a bit because resident of the State of Florida have different insurance requirements for vehicles than residents of other States; however, the legal rights of the victim and / or the victim's family are the same whether a Florida resident or a non-Florida resident is injured in an automobile accident.

Another question that arises is the following: Can a lawsuit be filed in the State where the accident victim and / or the accident victim's family reside if the victim resides in another State other than Florida? The simple answer to this questions is "No". If litigation results from a Florida Automobile Accident, then the action or lawsuit should be filed in the State of Florida in the county where the accident took place.

The book titled - When a Parent's World Goes From Full to Empty - The Wrongful Death of a Child - What You Need to Know About The Florida Wrongful Death Act is a good resource for parents and family members seeking information on a legal case or claim when a child dies as a result of an automobile accident and other forms of negligence or fault. You can get this book for free at From Full to Empty. Another good resource for parents is the book titled When the Wheels Stop Spinning - Legal Rights of the Injured Child - What You Need to Know After the Accident. You can get this book for free at When the Wheels Stop Spinning .