Spencer Wills (7 Months Old) Dies From Injuries from Space Heater Fire


In Jacksonville, Florida, the family of Spencer Wills and the community are mourning his death. Spencer was the unfortunate victim of a burn injuries he sustained when kerosene from a space heater ignited his stroller. The incident took place in November 2009 and Spencer just recently died from these injuries.

Space heaters can be quite dangerous and, at times, can lead to serious personal injuries and the deaths of children as well as adults. Five siblings and Spencer’s father, George Wills, survived the fire. Fire officials reported that Mr. Wills’s quick thinking saved the family.

Products like Space Heaters should be designed and distributed with reasonable safety devices to prevent tragedies like these from taking place. In addition, suitable and understandable directions and warnings should be packaged with products that can and are known to cause fires.

The loss of a child is certainly a traumatic event for the family. It is sad that Spencer never got to see his first birthday or any other life time events that a boy, young man, and man should experience. You can read more about this story at Jacksonville Baby Burned in Space Heater Fire Dies.