Jacksonville Florida Baby Suffers Personal Injuries in Space Heater Fire


The Florida Times Union reported that a baby recently suffered personal injuries from a space heater fire. Jaxson Spencer Willis was in a stroller that was ignited from kerosene from a space heater. He suffered burns to his legs, arms, back of his head, and his face. Jaxson was initially treated at Shands Jacksonville and then he was airlifted to Shands Gainesville for further treatment. If there is an investigation by the Jacksonville Fire Department and / or the State of Florida Fire Marshal, it will be interesting to know additional details about this incident including the following:

What was the make, model and year of the space heater?

Were there any defects in the space heater?

How did kerosene get on the stroller from the space heater?

Were there problems with the space heater previously?

Who owned the space heater and the house where the incident took place?

Burn injuries to children can be quite devastating and can often times require an extensive amount of medical treatment.