Florida Teen Electrocuted Trimming Trees – Tragic Death

Fire%20Rescue%20Paramedic%20Red%20Emergency%20Vehicle.jpg

In Port St. Lucie, Florida, a teen recently died after being electrocuted while trimming trees. Matthew Gamble, age 19, was trimming trees when his ladder slipped some how which, in turn, made contact with the power line. His father later freed the ladder away from the power line while his son was dangling from a harness. It appears that Matthew took some safety precautions by using a ladder and a harness. This is truly a sad story and a sad end for a young man. It is also a reminder for children and adults alike of the dangers of power lines especially when doing yard work or tree trimming. You can read more about this story at Teen Dies From Electrocution Related Injuries Trimming Trees in Port St. Lucie, Florida. The incident was reported by the St. Lucie County Fire District.